It seems as though I have let the days slip away without updating in quite a while. Oh well, it's not like anyone actually reads this thing anyway =)
My thesis project is currently underway. I am about halfway done with my field work and have begun to analyze some of my initial photographs/data. I am not sure what kind of results I am going to get just yet but I am hopeful that I will find some significant differences somewhere. But if not, that's a result in itself!
Christmas came and went almost unnoticed. It is strange how the isalnd makes the seasons nonexistent and, in my opinion, makes time pass by more rapidly. With nothing to distinctly mark the change of time I almost forget that time is even passing. Right now the weather is beautiful, hovering between 75 and 80 most of the time. My orchid is doing quite well despite my doubts in myself as a plant care-taker. It's sprouted a few new leaves over the past few months and I am hopeful that it will bloom again this summer. I have also added a few other plants to my plant porch posse including a mint plant with which I am able to make fresh mojitos for myself and my roommates.
My cat, Ivanhoe, now has a little brother to play with. He's another rescue from the island stray cat population. He's very different from Ivan but they compliment each other well. He is bold where Ivan is shy. I love them both though and hope to have them both for a very long time.
Well, this is all the time I have for an update right now. Perhaps I will try and remember to update again before another 6-7 months fly by!
Pictures of the new cat! And the name! The name!
ReplyDelete