After lunch and more classes my roommate and I came home to find the power still not turned on. I wasn't looking forward to another night in the dark but there really wasn't much we could do about it. The power company had already closed for the day so I resolved to call them in the morning. I called my wonderful boyfriend, Zac, and vented to him for a bit which made me feel a little better. Then I set about to utilize the remaining daylight to unpack and clean up my room. Having everything put in its new proper place raised my spirits even further. I laid down and read my new book by candlelight before eventually drifting off to sleep.
Today I got up and opened up a local bank account. Then I tagged along with my friend, Robert, while he went shopping for a car. At some point I called the Power company where they informed me that the power had already been turned on last week! I couldn't believe it. The lady told me that I needed to go out to the power meter and flip a switch. I don't know why they couldn't have told me this last week when I signed up to get my power turned on, but honestly I'm not too surprised they didn't. Things down here never happen as I think they should. Anyway, Rob an I stopped for lunch before heading back to my place to turn on the power. I'm happy to report it was a success and we now have electricity! After that it was a quick trip to Kmart for a few necessities and then back here to crash for the evening. It was a long but productive day and I am now comfortably sitting in my well-lit room enjoying the artificially generated breeze created by my new box fan. =)
I promise to have some pictures to post in my next entry!
No comments:
Post a Comment